Apply for a school place
School place applications for September 2022 entry are now open.
- Applications for year 7 (secondary school) close on 31 October 2021
- Applications for year R (infant/primary school) close on 15 January 2022
- Applications for year 3 (junior school) close on 15 January 2022
If you miss the deadline, you will need to make a late application.
The school place offer
Southampton Admissions team will make you one offer of a school place after they have processed your application. This will be the highest of your stated preferences that is available.
Offers will be available to view on the Citizen Portal, emailed (if you have opted in for this) and sent by 2nd Class post on:
- Year 7 (secondary school) places: 1 March 2022
- Year R (infant/primary school) places: 18 April 2022
- Year 3 (junior school) places: 18 April 2022
If the offer is for your first preference school, this is the only notification you will receive
You will be given reasons why a place could not be allocated at your chosen schools. Your child will be automatically added to the waiting list of your higher ranked school(s) where your application has been unsuccessful. When a place becomes available, it will be offered to the child who is at the top of the list at that time. The waiting list is ordered in accordance with each school's admissions policy.
You also have the right to make a formal appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel. The decision of the Independent Appeal Panel is final and binding on both the admission authority and the applicant. The decision letter will also include details of how to appeal.