Apply for a school place
School place applications for September 2021 entry are now closed.
- Applications for year R (infant/primary school) closed on 15 January 2021
- Applications for year 3 (junior school) closed on 15 January 2021
- Applications for year 7 (secondary school) closed on 31 October 2020.
If you missed the deadline, you will need to make a late application.
The school place offer
Southampton Admissions team will make you one offer of a school place after they have processed your application. This will be the highest of your stated preferences that is available.
Offers will be available to view on the Southampton Citizen Portal, emailed (if you have opted in for this) and sent by 2nd Class post on:
- Year 7 (secondary school) places: 1 March 2021
- Year R (infant/primary school) places: 16 April 2021
- Year 3 (junior school) places: 16 April 2021
You will be given reasons why a place could not be allocated at your chosen schools. Your child will be automatically added to the waiting list of your higher ranked school(s) where your application has been unsuccessful. When a place becomes available, it will be offered to the child who is at the top of the list at that time. The waiting list is ordered in accordance with each school's admissions policy.
You also have the right to make a formal appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel. The decision of the Independent Appeal Panel is final and binding on both the admission authority and the applicant. The decision letter will also include details of how to appeal.
Please see the document below for the Year R and Year 3 Appeals Timetable.