Weston Park Primary School: School Vision and Core Values
At Weston Park Primary School we have core values that everyone understands. We believe that to be a learner you must be safe, be responsible and be respectful. We are passionate that our unique children deserve to be equipped with the essential knowledge and skills needed to be successful: in the next stage of their education; in their homes; in their local communities and in the wider world. Our curriculum reflects our ambition that every child is able to make safe choices and develops a deep spiritual, moral, social and cultural understanding.
We are aspirational and we want our children to:
- Celebrate diversity by showing respect and open-mindedness.
- Work successfully together and consistently model exceptional team-work.
- Have self-confidence in order that they are able to achieve whatever they set their minds to.
- Develop verbal and written communication skills that can be used in all circumstances.
- Understand the importance of celebrating success and seeing disappointment as a part of growing and developing. Developing resilience to overcome challenges they may face.
- Smile and understand the importance of positivity and happiness.
- Have a strong moral compass and become well-rounded members of society who as as aspirational for themselves as we are for them.
As staff we will:
- Be relentlessly consistent in every moment, every day.
- Model: positive behaviour, high standards, high expectations, dealing with success; dealing with disappointment and hard work.
- Listen and treat all children with kindness.
- Show that we believe in every single child through encouragement and by being their champions.